Healthy Holiday Cookie Recipe (Vegan/Paleo)
shared by Nicole Valentine
Hosting a holiday cookie swap? One-up the competition with these delicious sugar cookies made from my favorite vegan protein powder!
Healthy Skoop Secretly Healthy Holiday Cookies
- ¾ cup Healthy Skoop Boosted Protein - Vanilla
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 Fleggs* or 2 large egg whites (¼ cup)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Stir protein powder, almond flour, baking soda and baking powder in a small bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, mix coconut oil and coconut sugar until smooth. Mix in Flegg (or egg whites) and vanilla extract. Gradually stir dry ingredients into wet to combine and form a dough.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly-floured surface. Use cookie cutters to cut out cookie shapes and place on a baking sheet that has been greased or lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Have fun and decorate! We used a glazed frosting but you could use powdered sugar, coconut flakes, chocolate chips, and crushed candy canes
*Flegg – Vegan egg substitute made of flax seed and water. For this recipe: combine 2 Tbsp. of Flax meal with 6 Tbsp. of hot water. Once combined, add into the recipe as called for.