Plant-Based Protein Balls Recipe
By Stephani Bloomquist
This amazing recipe comes to us from Stephani at In Fine Fettle. This recipe will make about 18 balls and involves no baking or cooking, so you can whip them up pretty fast. We love keeping these around for a quick post-workout snack, or for those times when you need a quick hit of nutrient-dense deliciousness to get your through the afternoon slump.
- 1 cup rolled oats or oat flour
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup Healthy Skoop B-Strong Plant-Based Protein Shake - Viva-nilla flavor
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ cup nut butter of choice
- ¼ cup honey (or sweetener of your choice)
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1-2 T. almond milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 T. cacao nibs (or dairy free chocolate chips)
- Mix dry ingredients in a food processor. Add nut butter, honey, mashed banana, vanilla and 1 T. almond milk into the food processor and pulse until a dough forms. If needed, add an additional tablespoon of almond milk to the dough. Stir in cacao nibs.
- Refrigerate dough 15 minutes.
- Using a tablespoon sized spoon, roll the dough into bite-sized balls and put them in a container lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate 15 minutes. Serve. Store in the refrigerator.
Serving size: 2 Balls
Fiber: 5.4 grams
Protein: 8 grams
Recipe and photo credit goes to Stephani Bloomquist at In Fine Fettle. Check out http://beinfinefettle.com for many more healthy recipes!